May 15, 2004

I was flipping channels last night and came across some Elliott Gould movie - it was odd since I thought I knew most of his movies (child of the 70s). He was behind the wheel of some sabotaged car, it was a really badly done sequence.

It was then I realized I was watching Capricorn One. Notable for being one of the few dramatic roles OJ Simpson has played besides murder defendant - it also has the distinction of being one of being so horribly bad it managed to put me to sleep when I went to see it during it’s original run.

I remember going to see it with my friend Don before he left for California - we had gone to a drive-in (when they still had those - Drive-ins were great in that you could actually get smashed watching a movie - a big thing when you’re a teenager but, the thought of which gives me shivers to think of now).

It was also during the showing of Capricorn One I was alerted to the fact that I sleep drive (and also talk in my sleep), which managed to freak my friend out no small amount as he thought I was awake and watching the film.

Capricorn One ranks right up there on my list with other such classics as My Dinner with André and Daredevil. Two other films which I managed a good nap during..

No comments: